Treyarch has released a new set of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War patch notes just a short time after it released a separate, major content update. This update adds three new features to the game, including a Calling Card Showcase and a few quality-of-life improvements for multiplayer. It also includes the operator Wolf, available in a nine-item bundle.
Calling Card Showcase allows you to select up to three of your Calling Cards in order to show them off together. If you’re having trouble deciding on just one you’ve unlocked, this is a great option. As with things like emblems, you can find it in the Barracks under the Player Identity menu.
You can also now inspect other players’ operator models while you’re still in the lobby, and you can set favorite cosmetic options from bundles in Create-a-Class to use Quick Equip automatically, applying your favorites without having to cycle through all the options you have.
The update post also included a tease of what to expect for next week, including Gunsmith Customs, which let you create and save your own custom Blueprints by mixing features from other ones. We’ll also get the ZRG 20mm sniper rifle and the return of Gunfight Blueprints. Lastly, Gunfight Tournaments will make its premiere with “exclusive rewards.”
In other Call of Duty news, a cannabis-focused DLC has apparently leaked for both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
The full set of patch notes are below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes (March 31)
- Calling Card Showcase
- Choose up to three Calling Cards to display in your Showcase, now available in the Player Identity menu at the Barracks.
- Set as Favorite
- Players can now use the “Set as Favorite” option in Create-a-Class to designate a target class for the Quick Equip feature. Weapons equipped through Quick Equip will automatically appear in this class.
- Player Inspect in Lobby
- Players can now inspect other players’ Operator models while in the Lobby.
- Wolf Operator Bundle now available in the Store.
- Addressed an issue where a pop-up message stating “Quitting with 3 or fewer players on your team will result in a loss and a ladder point penalty” could erroneously appear when attempting to join on a friend.
- Miami Strike
- Addressed an issue where attackers/defenders could spawn on the same spawn side in CDL Custom Games.
- The “Junked” Daily Challenge now tracks progress for destroying enemy Field Upgrades by interacting with them, not just by shooting them.
- Fixed a rare crash related to players joining a match in progress in Search and Destroy.
- Fixed a rare crash in Multi-Team related to radiation clouds.
- Addressed an issue where CODCaster could be selected in non-team-based modes.
- Moved the Private Match Server Pause feature to an option in the Pause menu to allow the host of a match to apply a Blueprint from the Pause menu without inadvertently pausing the match.
- Fixed crashes related to Krasny Soldat and zombie pathfinding.
- Addressed an issue where a player’s vehicle would not take damage when running into Special or Elite enemies.
- Addressed an issue that caused jetpack flames to appear on an HVT when their jetpack was not in use.
- Addressed a progression break that could occur when killing a zombie immediately after the Surge incremented.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.